What data do we collect?
We may collect the following data:
- Personal identification information (name, email address, phone number, etc.)
- Tracking information (IP-adress, etc.)
How do we collect your data?
We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our events, products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
- Add your information to our newsletter subscription.
How will we use your data?
We collect your data so that we can:
- Process your order, process participation in events, manage your account on the webpage, etc.
- Email you information we think you might be interested in.
When we processe your order or otherwise service you, we may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, third party organizations. These may include:
- Newsletter service companies
- Book-keeping service companies
- Credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
How do we store your data?
We will keep your data for as long as you are member/partner of PhotonicSweden, a subscriber to our newsletter, or in other ways have an ongoing relationship with our organization. After that, we may also keep your data for book-keeping reasons.
Newsletter and information emails
As a member of PhotonicSweden, or as a subscriber to our newsletter, you might receive information about events, products and services that we believe are of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive this information, you may opt out by contacting us.
We use Newsletter2Go as a service provider for sending newsletters and other group mailings. By signing up for our newsletter(s), you agree that the information you enter will be transmitted to Sendinblue GmbH. Please consult the Data Protection Policy of Sendinblue GmbH.
What are your data protection rights?
We want make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
- If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology. For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website may use:
- Functionality – We use these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – We use these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. We may share some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that we has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Datainspektionen.