Business Development of Photonics Companies for Healthcare
Second workshop of the European Photonics Roadshow of the EPRISE EU project in cooperation with Watify and Photonics21. The workshop is hosted by PhotonicSweden and the region of Stockholm.
Date: 11-12 June 2018 Place: Ulriksdals Wärdshus, Stockholm, Sweden
Download the preliminary programme with all available information: EPR-Stockholm-Programme&Details
(managed by Watify with professional tools for organizing match-making sessions)
This workshop (free of charge) will gather representatives from photonics companies, med-tech companies, end-users and researchers interested in commercialisation and a number of experts, to discuss and network around issues related to the business development of photonics companies addressing the global healthcare market.
- Researchers will learn that starting a company developing photonics technology for healthcare is in fact not necessarily an insurmountable obstacle.
- Integrators will meet early stage photonics SMEs willing to team up with a facilitating partner.
- SMEs will add tip-offs to their toolbox via expert support.
- End-users will find improved high-tech solutions based on photonics technology.
This workshop will not only discuss what types of financing are required to cross the Valley of Death and where to find it, but also how to most efficiently use it for teaming up with the right partners, building the right team and e.g. coping with clinical tests.
These are the 8 experts who already confirmed their participation (we expect the confirmation from one additional expert in the next days):
- Juergen Popp, Leibniz Institute of Photonic Technology Jena,Institute of Physical Chemistry & Abbe-Center of Photonics, Friedrich-Schiller University and InfectoGnostics Research Campus, Jena, Germany. J. Popp is also WG3 Chair of Photonics21.
- Iris Öhrn, advisor at Business Region Gothenburg, MBA Biotechnology, member of the Jury of top experts that pick market-creating innovations for EU funding under the SME Instrument programme.
- Dr. Thierry Robin, TEMATYS, Partner, Paris, France. TEMATYS provides an advanced marketing expertise dedicated to photonic products ands its application markets.
- Dr. Dirk Voelkel, CTO GE Healthcare Life Sciences AB, Uppsala, Sweden. Collaboration with large healthcare companies.
- Dr. Ruth Houbertz, CEO & Manag. Dir. of Multiphoton Optics GmbH, Würzburg, Germany. Innovation/best teams/tech. transfer.
- Edward Schneider, CEO of Quan Fund, Geneva, Switzerland. VC financing for KETs-based products.
- Dr. Raoul Stubbe, Business Coach at Stockholm Innovation and Growth (STING) and co-founder of Single Technologies AB, Stockholm, Sweden.
- Dr Ian McCabe, NCLA, School of Physics, NUI Galway, Ireland. Value-Chain Analysis techniques.
09.00 – 09.30: Registration, Coffee and Exhibition
09.30 – 10.40: Welcome – Introduction
- EPRISE – Empowering Photonics through Regional Innovation Strategies in Europe
- Watify – Boosting Technical Transformation
- Smart Specialisation Strategies of the Stockholm Region
- PhotonicSweden – The Portal of the Swedish Photonics
10.40 – 11.10: Key-note presentation by Prof. Juergen Popp, Advancing Photonics for Health Care in Europe
11.30 – 12.30: Tutorials by Experts
- Thierry Robin from Tematys will present the market perspectives of photonics for healthcare (30 min)
- Edward Schneider from Quan Fund will give a picture of the Venture Capital financing of KETs-based products (15 min)
- Ian McCabe from NUI Galway will describe a powerful Value Chain Analysis technique (15 min)
16.00 – 18.30: Match-Making Session and networking
19.00 – 21.30: Boat Trip and Dinner
09.30 – 11.00: Financing (Go-to-Market Session 1)
11.15 – 12.45: Customers and Business development (Go-to-Market Session 2)
12.45 – 13.00: Closing Remarks
Hotel suggestions: Hotels close to workshop venue