Internal projects cover the basic activities for the good functioning of PhotonicSweden and to support our members. This year we will launch services for both members and non-members, but with of course differentiated costs. Below is a list of our internal projects with sub-tasks:
- Website: Updates and improvements.
- Member support: follow-up of the needs, development and activities of our members. This year we hope to visit all our members.
- Membership recruitment
- Optopubs: seminars organised regularly at three locations, Stockholm, Gothenburg and Lund. The basic setup is a one hour seminar followed by a convivial meal and drinks.
- Organisation of OPS, the Optics and Photonics conference: OPS is a conference organised every year, usually in October or November in the main cities in Sweden. It consists of two parallel sessions, a scientific one and a more applied or industry-related one. All presentations are in English and it is of course open to foreign attendees. The conference also has a large companies exhibition, a nice dinner and is the perfect occasion to award the best photonics company of the year and the best Master students of the year. It has been a increasing success and the number of attendees has been increasing during the last years. In 2016, in Linköping, we had 175 attendees and 27 exhibiting companies. This year OPS will be organised in Stockholm (Kista) on October 17-19. October 17 will be devoted to our new EU project ÉPRISE and October 18-19 will be for the usual conference.
- Innovation Audits: This activity is being developed in our EU project RespiceSME. It follows a well-defined and organised process to analyse and improve the innovation potential of Small- and Medium-size Entreprises (SMEs). It consists of three phases. First a survey allowing to quantitatively compare the expectations and the status of the innovation process in the company. Then a workshop is organised with several representatives of the company’s management and the results of the survey are discussed and analysed resulting in an action plan to improve the innovation capacity of the company. A number of tools are used to facilitate the development of the action plan. The third phase is a support provided by PhotonicSweden to help implement some of the actions.
- EU project support: Based on a technology offer or a project idea we can help with the following:
- Find partners in Europe.
- Find an appropriate call or financing programme.
- Analyse the project idea and further develop it.
- Connect to professional support to write the application.
- Proof-reading of applications.
We can even support a company with the administration of an EU project.
PhotonicSweden has been very successful in getting EU projects (2 FP7 and 4 H2020 projects since the start in 2011) and counts an expert for the EC in photonics.