June 11, 2018:
09.30 – 10.40: Welcome – Introduction
- EPRISE – Empowering Photonics through Regional Innovation Strategies in Europe, Cecilia Pinto, Coordinator of EPRISE, Optitec, France.
- Watify – Boosting Technical Transformation, Francisco Buján, Senior Innovation and Technology Consultant, CARSA, Spain.
- Smart Specialisation Strategies of the Stockholm Region, Arivan Tutal, County Board of Stockholm, Sweden.
- PhotonicSweden – The Portal of the Swedish Photonics, Petra Bindig, PhotonicSweden.
10.40 – 11.10: Advancing Photonics for Health Care in Europe
Key-note presentation by Prof. Juergen Popp, Leibniz-Institute of Photonics Technology, Jena, Germany.
11.30 – 12.30: Tutorials by Experts:
- Market perspectives for photonics companies in healthcare, Thierry Robin, Tematys, France (not available yet)
- Turning Research into Successful KET Companies, Edward Schneider, Spirit Ventures, Switzerland.
- Powerful Value Chain Analysis technique, Ian McCabe, National University of Ireland, Galway.
14.00 – 15.30: Pitch Session for Photonics Actors and End-Users
- Elizabeth Illy, Cobolt AB (part of Hübner group): Lasers for life science (not available yet)
- Ying Fu, Royal institute of Technology (KTH): Bio-sensing using single photon emission spectrum of fluorescent quantum dot
- Oscar Hägglund, LED Tailor Sweden AB: Self-disinfecting hospital facilities
- Mattias Löf, Optoga AB: World’s best LED Light Engine
- Linda Haals, Hamamatsu Photonics AB: Hamamatsu Photonics – Developing future photonics (only oral)
- Robert Kvist, Silex Microsystems AB: The World’s #1 Pure Play MEMS Foundry
- Jenny Lindvall, Gammadata Instrument AB: We are more than our name! We look forward to telling you about our story and high-end biophotonics products at our booth
- Per Björk, RISE Acreo: Hybrid graphene and ZnO nano/micro structures for bio-sensing applications
- Annika Bågenholm, Single Technologies AB: Single Technologies – Generating genomic data faster than anyone else. (not available)
- Justyna Gleń, SDS Optic Sp. z o. o.: Breakthrough innovation in fast and certain HER-2 Positive Breast Cancer diagnosis – Our vision to revolutionize biopsies and histopathology diagnosing SDS Optic. Lifesaving Innovations
- Naparlia & A. Dominguez, InPhoTech Sp. z o.o.: InPhoTech – Innovative Photonics Solutions for Healthcare
- Martin Köhler, Karolinska Institute and Biocrine: Micrometer-sized wireless fluorescence detection device
- Olof Breuer, Karolinska University Hospital, dept. of Clinical Pharmacology: Continuous on-line monitoring of free drug concentrations in situ by means of spectroscopy or fluorometry via optical fiber
June 12, 2018:
Go-to-Market session 1: Financing
- Ecare Tech (UK), Nan Jiang and Xuxin Mao: A Revolutionary Phototherapy for Newborn Jaundice Care.
- Single Technologies (Sweden), Raoul Stubbe (co-founder): Is it possible for high-tech hardware startups to raise VC money in Europe? (not available yet)
Go-to-Market session 2: Business development / Finding customers
Presentation by experts: Ruth Houbertz, Raoul Stubbe (oral)
- InPhoTech (PL), A.D. Lopez and M. Napierała: Optical Fibers for Cancer Diagnosis.
- Cobolt (SE), Elizabeth Illy: Lasers in Life Science: Seeing the future. (not available yet)