Information and benefits about membership in PhotonicSweden
PhotonicSwedens vision is:
- that by optics and photonics strongly contribute to a vibrant, expanding and profitable Swedish industry based on research and innovation.
PhotonicSwedens mission should:
- be a catalyst for fruitful collaborations in optics and photonics between companies, universities, colleges and institutes in Sweden and across borders.
PhotonicSweden will highlight the photonics by:
- be a natural interlocutor for the Swedish and European financiers and investors in product development and research.
- contribute to a good regrowth of engineers in optics and photonics.
- ensuring that the public and politicians have a good understanding of optics and photonics area’s strategic importance for Sweden’s future.
Membership in PhotonicSweden provides:
- membership for private individuals, companies, organizations and academies
- the personal membership automatic membership in the Swedish Optical Society (SOS) and the European Optical Society (EOS)
- invitation to Optopubs about 8x / year, with speeches and mingling
- participant discount and exhibitor discount of Optics & Photonics conference 1 times per year (approx. 100-200 participants) and reduction per EOS-arranged conferences
- newsletter 3-4 times / year
- support for participation in Vinnova announced programs: SRA Strategic Research Agenda and the SIO Strategic Innovation Areas
- information about the ongoing EU activities related to photonics
- cooperation and networking with various photonics clusters in the EU
- coordination and discounts for participation in the photonics cluster arrangement within the EU
- information about Swedish optics term group work
- supporting SME s
- the opportunity to participate in 7 different working groups that developed a national strategic photonics agenda in line with EU Photonics21’s wishes.
- AG1: Informations- och kommunikationsteknologier (IKT)
- AG2: Industriell tillverkning och kvalitetskontroll
- AG3: Hälsa och “Life Sciences”.
- AG4: Belysning, displayer och solceller
- AG5: Säkerhet, metrologi och sensorer
- AG6: Optiska komponenter och system
- AG7: Forskning, träning och utbildning
English workgroup names:
- WG1: Information and Communication (ICT)
- WG2: Industrial manufacturing and Quality
- WG3: Life Sciences and Health
- WG4: Emerging Lighting, Electronics and Displays
- WG5: Security, Metrology and Sensors
- WG6: Design and Manufacturing of Components and Systems
- WG7: Photonics Research, Education and Training