Rosenlundsgatan 9, Stockholm, Sweden,
Room Number: Bullerö,
On behalf of the IEEE Photonics Society (IPS) Sweden Chapter and the Swedish Energy Agency (SEA) we would like to invite you to a one-day workshop on Li-Fi Technologies & Applications on 7-Dec-2018 in Stockholm [see below and the attached flyer].
A complete agenda will be distributed within the next few weeks, but we have already a number of distinguished speakers, e.g., Prof. Harald Haas (Univ. of Edinburgh) – he coined the term Li-Fi [attached is also an intro to Li-Fi]
Please, note that the seats are limited and if you are interested in participating you should register as soon as possible!
IEEE Workshop on
Li-Fi Technologies & Applications
Li-Fi (Light Fidelity) is a visible light communication (VLC) system, where LEDs used for illumination are used for optical wireless data communication at the same time. The widespread future use of LED lamps for illumination creates an opportunity for VLC.
This workshop deals with all aspects of Li-Fi from research to applications, as well as providing an insight to the supply change from device vendors to system providers and end-users. The Swedish Energy Agency (SEA) will also inform about research funding opportunities, as well as arrange a tour in their lighting lab.
Invited speakers include:
– Prof. Harald Haas (Univ. of Edinburgh)
– Dr. Nikola Serafimovski (PureLiFi)
|The Li-Fi Workshop is co-organized with:
· IEEE Photonics Society – Sweden Chapter
· IEEE Sweden Social Implications of Technology (SIT)
· Lighting Research Center (LRC)
· Swedish Energy Agency (SEA)
8:30 – 17:00
Opens on 24-Oct-2018
– Christofer Silfvenius (SEA) – Workshop chair
– Anders Hallberg (SEA)
– Athanasios Stavridis (Ericsson)
– Arne Alping (IEEE Photonics Society – Sweden Chapter)