Vinnova contact for ICT part of Erueka is Jonas Bjarne
EUREKA is a publicly-funded, intergovernmental network, involving over 40 countries. EUREKA’s aim is to enhance European competitiveness by fostering innovation-driven entrepreneurship in Europe, between small and large industry, research institutes and universities. Vinnova is financing and administrating the Swedish participation in Eureka (see Vinnova’s info). For the period 2014-2020, Vinnova will allocate 13 million SEK per year. Eureka has three programmes:
- Cluster – thematic programmes for collaboration between academy and industry. Sweden is active in three clusters:
- Celtic-Plus: focus on telecommunications.
- ITEA3: focus on Software-intensive Systems & Services (SiSS)
- EURIPIDES2: Smart system and relevant technologies. A large room for photonic technologies.
- Network projects – for bilateral collaborations. Bottom-up and rather simple.
- Eurostars – for SMEs. It focuses on R&D-performing SMEs. Bottom-up and simple. Eurostars supports the development of rapidly marketable innovative products, processes and services that help improve the daily lives of people around the world.